Monday, August 5, 2013

Outdoor Progress

I actually made some progress on my deck in the back yard over the weekend.

A reminder of what it looked like when I started.

And here it was this morning.  No plants yet, but I am getting organized.



I’ve had this old gate forever.  Just waiting for the perfect spot.  I really love it behind my cherub.  The cherub was my mama’s Heather and I gave it to her one Christmas.  The best part is, she’s fiberglass.  So she will be fine on my protected deck.


I went ahead and painted the top of my bench.  This isn’t quite the blue I would have chosen, but I already had the paint.  Now, of course, I’m wishing I had a bunch more vintage garden tools.  I only have a few.  Something to look for in the future though!  The tallest cherub in the back came from my granddaddy’s garden.  She is part of two cherubs who stood sentry outside of his rose garden.

I went ahead and sat my old chair up on the bench for now until I decide what to do with it.

So that’s what I’ve gotten done so far.  I REALLY want to go buy some plants but I’m kind of on the fence about what to do there.  This late in the season, there’s not a lot left and yet it’s a little early for fall plants like mums and for pumpkins.  Highs here near 100 degrees this week.  This may be the last of the work until the weekend. 
I’m joining Nita for Mod Mix Monday click on the link below to visit her wonderful party.
Mod Mix Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments!

ShareThis

 
} catch(err) {}