Thursday, April 29, 2010

This Is It!

Okay, I’m gonna start that dress today!  I have decided that the safest way to begin would be to make the bodice out of scrap fabric to get a good fit…………..

So……while taking a deep breath and deciding to take the plunge……

I’ve been doing a little rearranging.

home 001

I’ve rearranged the living room.

home 003

Brought the ottoman from the bedroom downstairs.

home 002

Brought this little table from the bedroom to the living room.

home 004

Made a new pillow for the sofa.

home 009

My new fav. project.  I painted an old trunk from my Mother’s white and stacked an old suitcase on top for a new side table.   I had the suitcase forever.  It was just hangin’ out waiting for the perfect place. 

home 012

home 008 home 005

I’m selling the table above.  There’s an awesome antique desk at my mother’s that I’ll be replacing it with.  This is an oblong dining table in my living room.  And it LOOKS like an oblong dining table in the living room!  So, as much as I love it, and I DO love it, it has to go.

home 006

home 015

It has wonderful crackle detailing.  I’m going to give it another protective coat on the top and then it will be ready.  If anyone is interested, it will be $225.00.  It’s in wonderful shape and beautiful.

004 (9)

190 (2)

Here are a couple more views of it.  If I don’t hear from anyone, it will be going to the Rink. 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I almost forgot!  The wedding blog is up.  Not much on it right now, but it will grow as I proceed with my projects. You can find a pic. of the invitation there.  I did remove the local phone number from the bottom right hand side.  It just seemed a tad creepy to have it out there floating around blogland! 

Anywho……the button is on the upper right hand side of my side bar if you would like to visit our wedding blog! 

Have a wonderful day!

Denise

11 comments:

  1. How exciting!!! A wedding blog....I will check it out! Love the look of the trunk painted, it all looks so good, if I could get that table to Alberta I would!!!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also likr the tier table that is a good find. Have a good day...Julian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you have done with the room. The trunk and suitcase look fab together too!!
    I like the table you are selling. I just don't have any extra room in the house. Sigh!
    Too bad!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love that table!! I so wish I had it here. Your living room looks beautiful ~ as usual. I will be so anxious to see the wedding blog ~ such a great idea for you and your daughter & fiance. Thanks so much for sharing!

    xoxo
    Pat

    P.S. Can I please have some of your energy...vitamins...whatever? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Denise,

    I love the two tier vintage table and the one for sale is really pretty...someone should snap that up quick.

    Have a great day,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hummm...I searching for a table now, but unfortunately mine has to be narrow. Our rental home has a very tiny kitchen area. But I really love that one! And all the other goodies!

    Hope the wedding dress is coming along good. I just started some sewing projects...think I've spent more time ripping out then making progress ~ LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on the sewing! I know it will be beautiful! When I use expensive fabric I make the fitted parts in non-iron-on pellon interfacing the same weight as the fabric - you can draw on it, tape it, pin it and then use it as a pattern. I'll go check out the wedding blog...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the table and the colors. Too bad I live in CA.

    Looks like you're really joining the shabby chic white bandwagon.

    ~elaine~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I haven't visited in a while, and you certainly have been busy! I love your decorating style, especially the little touches here and there of unexpected things, like the shoe forms with bling. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your home is full of such wonderful lovelies...

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!

ShareThis

 
} catch(err) {}