Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy Monday!

I know, I know…..for some of you who had to go back to work this morning after the weekend, it’s not the best day of the week.  Unless you accomplished a lot on your days off.  I’ve been a busy little beeeeeee around here!

This was probably my favorite find at Round Top.  In fact, we all loved them and we each took one home for ourselves AND several to sell.

Vintage wood grape picking trays.  They are HUGE.  About 3’ long. 

Mine took plenty of goodies to fill the entire tray.

I used several different items out of my hutch so it’s looking kinda empty.  Aaahhh…..what a shame.  Now I’ll have to start searching for things to fill it with again.  More shopping! ;)

Added Spring to my coffee table.  And changed the Chocolate velvet euros on the sofa to cream cotton matelasse.  Can you see where the animals like to lounge?  I’ve about given up on my constant fluffing.  It’s just part of life around our house.

Also finished painting this little cream Duncan Phyfe table.  I’ve had it forever but thought it was pretty well trashed.  Then Hubby took it apart and glued and fixed it for me.  Now it’s sturdy as can be!

Both sides extend and I love the little lion head pulls.  I also recovered my lamp shade in white scrim.  It looks so pretty lit in the evening.  It puts out the perfect soft glow.

 

Added eggs to my little thrift store bowl. 

Oops!  You can see some of my projects waiting to be finished in the background.  I have them stashed behind the sofa.  That’s what is so wonderful about blogging though, you can just kick things out of the way and everyone thinks your house is clean!  Ah oh…..I just gave myself away…….

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Denise

8 comments:

  1. What a great tray it makes for your table, Denise! I love the look of whatever that is you have slipcovered{?} in those first pictures and I love that chair next to your redone table. What a great size and shape, and are those buttons decorating the bottom portion? That looks like a comfy place to daydream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Denise, Another wonderful post hun, just love looking round your gorgeous home. Hugs, Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That side table is gorgeous! I love it when they can expand for multiple uses :)

    Everything looks so pretty...and Springified, indeed :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should have ALL of us over to your beautiful house for tea and sweets!

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great tray, it looks so nice on the table! And happy Monday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am lovin' that grape tray Denise. I love it when we get to peek into that gorgeous home of yours. I love your home so much...it is beautiful and says 'welcome' so well.
    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your decorating style! Your new wood tray is fantastic.

    Dee


    http://alapinlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great wine crate! It looks wonderful on your dining table.
    Did you steel that kick aside trick from me? I sometimes have to photoshop things out.
    xx
    Carole

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!

ShareThis

 
} catch(err) {}