Thursday, March 29, 2012

In the dining room

No cost changes.  Reuse…….Repurpose

Sometimes even the things I love the most start to look boring.

Like my pheasant picture. This was the only pic. I could find of the before.  I removed the print. Probably still won’t get rid of it.  Although Heather seems to think it need to go away…..permanently.

I repainted the frame, distressed the heck out of it and rummaged around in the storage shed for an old box I’d seen.

dr3

I came so close to painting that box.  I’m happy that I didn’t now.  I just gave it a good scrubbing and now I love the way that it looks.  The enamel number on the front was the perfect finishing touch. 

dr2

dr1

The perfect no cost change for my dining room!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Denise

8 comments:

  1. You make having style and great ideas look easy....haha! The frame looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise,
    I love how your dining room looks. You have great taste and I like the way you do things a little differently. Love the chalkboard.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I didn't realize the thickness of that frame until I saw the last picture, Denise! What a great box, too. I don't think it needed to be painted either. Looks good as is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love it Denise! What a great up-cycle my dear friend. Oh...did I say I love it? Well I love it!!!
    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable, Denise! Love the color and distressing you did on the frame.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!

ShareThis

 
} catch(err) {}