Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spring Vignettes

Just a few splashes of Spring here and there at home.

home1

That tiny yellow pitcher is one of my favorite pieces.  Can you see the even tinier brown pitcher hanging from the handle ?

home4

This urn had been hiding in a closet for several years.  I painted it a happy blue (chalk paint of course)  and filled it with some favorite goodies.

home3

I found two wonderful pieces at the Rink this last week.  I usually pass up the hob nail glass because of the price, but this pretty turquoise piece was actually very affordable.  The bottom piece is…..more milk glass of course!

home7

I had no idea how I was going to display them once I got them home, but I’m very happy with they way they look.  It’s almost like they were meant to be tiered one on top of the other.

home5

Finally, I had one of those ugly blonde baskets that I hated but the shape was perfect.  I diluted my French Linen chalk paint and painted the basket then added a French advertising graphic from the Graphic Fairy.  Love it on top of this display piece. Now if I could just find the time and energy to get rid of that harlequin  wall.  It’s time for a change in the kitchen and dining areas!

Hope you have a happy week!

Denise

2 comments:

  1. I love turquoise hobnail! That piece is great. As always you have such pretty displays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you could come to my house. We've been here a year and a half and it still has the seller's valance up in the kitchen and 2 tone wall where they pulled off their flat screen tv and revealed a previous paint color behind it..

    Are you wincing yet?
    I know, it's bad...
    I wish I had your eye...and energy...haha!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!

ShareThis

 
} catch(err) {}