Friday, December 6, 2013

Wallpaper!….and snow

Here’s the view of our yard earlier today.

PhotoGrid_1386360396215

Ho Ho Ho!  Isn’t it beautiful though!?  And, as with many of you……Baby It’s COLD outside!

So today was the perfect day for a little indoor mini project.

Wallpaper!……

Boy has it come a looong way since back in the day when I used to sell it.  And in a good way, I think.  Now, instead of papering your entire home, it seems that people are using it  to make a bold statement in one room or on one wall.

wallpaper2

I just pinned the photo of this AMAZING wallpaper to my Pinterest board “Be Bold” last night.  In following the link, I have found that it is by a French artist, but have been unable to locate the source for purchasing the paper.  Then again, my internet has been spotty this afternoon, so I’ll keep trying.  I can pretty much bet you that it is insanely expensive.  It actually looks more like a mural.  I don’t see any pattern repeat in the photo.  Anywho…..I LOVE it.  It is a perfect whimsical combination of chalk board art and nature!

wallpaper4

Anthropology is selling this paper.  Such an incredible likeness to old chippy ceiling tile.  And it is indeed expensive at $350.00 a roll. 

wallpaper3

This is also from Anthro.  I did find it in their wallpaper section, but if I read correctly, this is REAL wood?  At least that’s what I understood.  It is peel and stick.  Again, awesome!  I can think of so many places to use it.


Anywho……back to my project……my tiny little 70’s wet bar area, the one spot in my living room I am always trying to ignore, was in desperate need of new wallpaper.

Here are a couple of before pics.

013

20130808_141154[4]

Can you see the black toile?

PhotoGrid_1386360315930

And here it is now.

PhotoGrid_1386360124412

PhotoGrid_1386360167732

PhotoGrid_1386360232508

Love it!  It is an “expanded vinyl” paper.  Which means that it actually has a texture to the background, and the damask pattern also has a texture.  My milk glass collection really pops now, and I love the white owl lamp that Heather so generously loaned me.  All in all…..this project took the two of us about an hour.  And what a huge difference it made.

If you are interested in this paper, you can find it here in OKC at Munger’s Paint and Wallpaper.  And it is very affordable!

Have a wonderful weekend.  And stay warm!

Denise

3 comments:

  1. Pretty wallpaper, Denise! Love your santos. We got snow yesterday, too. Along with the freezing temps. I don't think it's planning on warming up any time soon so I guess it will be around for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS cold here, Denise!! Brrrr. Your wallpaper is really beautiful. I just love the turquoise on the cabinets, by the way. XOXO

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!

ShareThis

 
} catch(err) {}