Friday, November 8, 2013

Quick and Easy Baked Tacos!

This is a great recipe for those evenings when you’re just at the end of your rope but need something for dinner that the kids will love!

Hubby found this recipe on Facebook, but can’t remember where.  If you know the source, please let me know so that I can give credit.

1 pd. ground hamburger

1 pkg. taco mix.  I use the low sodium

2/3 C. tomato sauce

1 can refried beans

1 box taco shells

grated cheese.

 

Cook your hamburger meat and add 1 pkg. of taco mix.  Substitute the 2/3 cup water with 2/3 cup of tomato sauce.  Add your refried beans.  I like adding the entire can, hubby prefers adding just a little over half.  So you can decide which your family would love.  Heat mixture.

image (2)

I promise it tastes better than it looks! Smile

Spoon into hard taco shells. 

Top with grated cheese.

image (3)

Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and shells are warm.

Serve with lettuce, tomato, guacamole……

image

YUMMY! 

I count carbs.  Well….I’m SUPPOSED to count carbs.  Carbs=sugar.  This is a fairly low carb meal.  And if you use low fat meat and low fat cheese, you have a win win!

Enjoy!

Denise

1 comment:

  1. I have never seen this recipe, but it looks DELICIOUS. I'm a taco lover, can you tell? Thanks for giving me some new ideas. XOXO

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!

ShareThis

 
} catch(err) {}