Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Busy busy…..

Well….it’s been a while and I am so sorry about that.  I have missed blogland and everyone here lately.  I was sick for a week before Thanksgiving and then with the Holiday, I seem to be running at LEAST two weeks behind on everything. 

With that being said, I’ve decided to take it easy on the Christmas decorating.

Maybe just tuck in a little greenery with my existing decor.

Scatter a few shiny ornaments here and there.

And just keep things simple.

Enjoy a little nostalgia, family, and the reason for the season, as they say.

Which is not to say that there isn’t plenty of glitter and glitz going on around here.

Because there is indeed!  I love this Santa!  And the best part…..I  found this guy at T.J.’s for $16.99!  Yippee!  Another great bargain, and my only Christmas decor purchase this year.

Oh…and yes, I have put up a tree.  Just ONE tree.  I KNOW……crazy, huh? 

Plenty of decor pics. to come.

I have been very thoughtful and sad this month.  For others.  Who are experiencing terrible losses. 

Do you remember when you were a child?  I was very fortunate, all I had to worry about was counting my packages under the tree.  The same with my children, and my grandchildren. 

But there is such a loss of…..I don’t know…..would you call it innocence?  Guess what my grandson asked for for Christmas?  An outdoor automatic security light for the house.  Isn’t that just too sad?  That  a 12 year old feels like he needs to worry about such things? 

I know that many children never feel safe.

But we all work so hard to provide a safe and loving environment for our children.

Then something shatters their sense of safety. 

Just needed to vent a little, I guess. 

I loved this picture.  I just threw these pretty velvet flowers here, waiting until I had a place to put them. 

Then I left them.  Just so casual, simple, and……uumm……quiet.  Pretty without being fussy or too “done.”

That’s the kind of Christmas that I guess I’m looking for. 

A quiet, reflective, simple, and prayerful Holiday. 

Love to you all……

Denise

11 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree...it is sad when that's what a child asks for......it is scary to think of the pressures and the fears our children go through now.
    This year I want it to be very simplified...quiet and have time to spend with my grandchildren, sounds like a great holiday.
    I love the vignette the velvet flowers on the chair created...gorgeous!!!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kind of Christmas...simple and quiet!! I loved all your photos and that Santa is wonderful!!
    Yes! The times are stressful and security is on the minds of everyone these days. It is sad!
    Hugs and hopes for a wonderful Christmas!!
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. A security light? Oh my, that is sad.

    I plan on scaling back a bit on the decorations this year too. I wanted to ease up on things to give me more time to just spend with my family and enjoy.

    Love your velvet flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, I know what you mean!!! I pray every nite for children to just feel safe!!!!
    innocense is lost early now! I was making my sons bed about a year ago and found his knife under his pillow, well since then, every nite that knife is under his pillow, he says it makes him feel safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw those santas at TJ and it was all I could do not to buy one. But they don't go with my Christmas stuff...so I made myself not do it. But they were almost too wonderful to pass up.

    Has there been a rash of crime around your grandson's neighborhood? I hate to hear that a child wishes for a security light.

    I know I wish for the feelings I used to have at Christmas - our whole family was still alive...seemed like we had no worries...just joy.

    I used to not understand how anyone could be depressed at Christmas...now I get it. I struggle to enjoy the present and not think to much about what was.

    I look forward to seeing your Christmas decor...simplified though it might be. I need to get mine up. I'd like to do simplified myself....but I probably won't. Once I drag out the boxes...I might as well go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonjour Denise,
    Yes, it is sad. I was blessed to have a ideal childhood - we must rememer what is important at this time. Thank you for this reminder.
    Love all your decorations, especially the glittery house, and the fantastic velvet flowers.
    Hope you're having a good week,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pray your wish will be granted, for a peaceful spirit and a quite soul. I am so sorry that your grandson is feeling insecure about his surroundings. It is a sad world we live in today. On a lighter note my little grand asked for a cuckoo clock, go figure. Christmas blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a wonderful Christmas as a child- we were poor but my parents always tried to get me as much on my list as possible. One year I wanted a ring so bad but of course, never told them....I told Santa each night. I was devasted Christmas morning and cried and cried. Not too long after, my parents scraped up enough money to buy me a ring. I still have it! Thanks for reminding me what Christmas is really about! Love, faith, family, and memories.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Denise! I hope you have that quite, prayful Christmas! May it be Wonderful and Blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am keeping my decor simple this year since our house is on the market and the Realtor doesn't want a lot of fru-fru out. Meanie!

    Merry Merry Sweetie,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to see your decor and I love that new found Santa, I think I need a Santa hunt! Thanks for stopping by and your sweet comment! Holiday Hugs, Marilou

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!

ShareThis

 
} catch(err) {}