Friday, March 25, 2011

Gallery Walls

I’ve been studying them quite a bit lately.  In preparation for an upcoming project.

mip

We’ll be doing an accent wall in a living room.

tumblr_l78unjmY4f1qa9yjmo1_500

I love the idea of combining different elements and textures, other than just framed art.

tumblr_l9zprcfEQ61qaimwco1_500

193691-11-02%20copy

Normally, I like my vignettes very symmetrical.  This should be a real challenge for me!

194496-2-01

In theory, if you mat your art in a wide solid color, it separates and makes it stand out from a busy background.  In reality (mine at   least) this room would drive me crazy!  Wow!!

So, the wall in question won’t be completed for a couple of weeks.  Because…….we’re heading to Round Top next weekend and hope to find some wonderful, and unusual goodies.

Heather and I are soooo excited!  We’ve never been!  We’re hoping to find the perfect vintage elements for the living room gallery wall we’ll be doing.

Images VIA

Linking with Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Denise

13 comments:

  1. I have a client that wants to do a gallery wall, so I'm excited to see what you come up with, Denise. I think adding other items besides frames keeps it interesting. My client likes the one in the PB catalog, so we will probably do something similar with different textures and shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staging wall hangings and paintings have always been difficult for me. I admire when it all looks so put together. I love the top photo. Can't wait to see your finished wall.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I adore your inspiration~ swoon!

    I am currently hosting an auction of vintage and antique linen treasures. Stop by and take a peek.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is a dangerous place for you two to go. I predict you'll come home with lots of things for your own homes as well as for the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Denise,

    I love that 3rd photo and I love asymmetrical! It frees the soul..hee hee I'm so jealous...I've never been to Round Top either. I know you will have a fabulous time. I'm sure that Magnolia Pearl will be there with her new collection of finery. :0)

    Hugs,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your inspiration photos are great with exception of the last one. I would go crazy in that room too.

    Can't wait to see the finished wall. Have fun at Round Top.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love thi post - i am currently working on a wall in my den, i can see it will be a work in process - would love to fill it up like the walls in your pics you posted! very inspiring...
    ~tracie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a gallery wall in a previous dining room with 12 ft ceilings. it was AMAZING, very English Country. can't wait to see what you do!
    Have tons of fun at Round Top!
    xoxo,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Denise, can't wait to see what you buy and then see the finished result, I bet it'll be stunning, you have such an eye for style, especially in your home, I always enjoy seeing what you've been up to. Be back soon! Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to see your finished wall. I am trying to do something similar in my bedroom, so am very interested to see and get some inspiration for mine Cath

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this idea too! I am not sure I could pull it off being a symmetrical kind of girl too. I hope you find your treasures for your accent wall!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!

ShareThis

 
} catch(err) {}