Monday, September 24, 2012

A Touch Of Fall

In the dining room this week.  I’m making big changes there.  These changes weren’t supposed to start until after the barn sale.  But sometimes you find the perfect piece at the perfect price at the not-so-perfect time.  So lets just say that the buffet and the china hutch that sat on top of  mentioned buffet are both Gone!

074

Bye bye Hutch!  You can find her and the buffet at the barn sale if anyone is interested.  So that side of the room is a work in progress.  In the meantime, I had to find some place to put all of my “stuff.”

Autumn colors are just kinda my thing.

dining2

So my favorite things moved to the other side of the room in the much smaller display shelf there.

dining3

dining4

That’s a pic. of my granddaddy in the background.  LOVE that old photo!

dining5

These little goodies just kind of landed here.  But I liked the way they looked so they’ll stay for awhile.

dining9

This is as close to a pumpkin as I’ve gotten so far this year.

dining8

The pup just because the colors are so perfect.

dining11

Old spools together in large hurricane

dining12

And an overall view.  Everything really looks better anyway in this smaller vignette.

dining6

Almost forgot the top.  I’m loving the old snuff bottle.  I had forgotten that I had it until I found it way in the back of my buffet.

dining10

The arrangement on my farm table.  Heather and I found these awesome paper flowers earlier in the year on super sale at  H.L.  The perfect color for fall!

dining13

And Miss Molly is always willing to “help.”  Her talent never ceases to amaze me.  She has FOUR of my better kitchen towels in her mouth!  She just pulls them right off of the towel bar.  Crazy pup!

Have a wonderful week!

Denise

Joining Nita for Mod Mix Monday.  She always has such a fun party to start your week!  Be sure and visit her for tons of inspiration!

2 comments:

  1. So pretty, and I really love Miss Molly, she is, indeed, very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, that is one cute pup, Denise! I'm sure you're not thrilled about her pulling your towels down, but you have to admit that's a talent carrying four at one time in her mouth! : )

    I can't believe you got rid of the buffet and hutch! I'm glad that you were able to move your things over to the shelf. Do you already have plans for something to go there or are you waiting for "that" piece to find you?

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!

ShareThis

 
} catch(err) {}