Thursday, November 29, 2012

Joyeux Noel!

Just started doing a little decorating.  I THOUGHT that I had my chalkboard in the dining room all fixed and pretty.  Then T-Man pointed out that I had spelled “Joyeux” incorrectly. I had spelled it “Joyeaux”    Sigh……

Anywho……problem solved.

xmas123

A gray throw for winter.

xmas122

I still wasn’t happy the wall on the left side of my settee.  I was thinking that I wanted a basket with twigs and such.  But finding the right one that I could afford seemed a daunting task.  So I decided to try my hand at a burlap sack. 

xmas121

Voila!  I thought I was using a sack with only a stripe down the middle.  Imagine my surprise (and delight) when after cutting my first piece, I discovered the RED print on the inside of the bag!  Perfect!

I cut a front and a back and used canvas for the sides.  I made the ruffle from burlap garland from Michaels.  I just pinned on the rusted bells so I can easily remove them after Christmas.

xmas12

I think I snagged the last three glittered burlap poinsettias from the barn sale.  A perfect match with the burlap sack, the rusty bells, and the glittered pine picks!

xmas125

I threw a few vintage ornaments and burlap remnants in a vintage bowl.

xmas124

And the dining room is done.  My Christmas decorating isn’t exactly moving along at a fast pace.  Actually, it’s all of these little touches that I love the most.  I could not put a tree up and be perfectly happy. 

Have a wonderful weekend!

Denise

Joining These Fun Parties!

Common Ground-Inspiration Friday

Feathered Nest Friday

Friday @ The Charm of Home

Inspiration Friday @The Picket Fence

Find all of the direct links on my bottom left side bar.

5 comments:

  1. Looking good...LOVE your vintage scale all decked out for the holidays.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love the vintage scale...looks beautiful
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your style is awesome beautiful! Chalkboard, scale and the burlap mixes so well together...love to be inspired! Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas decorations are lovely!
    I am inspired-

    Have a great weekend.

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is looking lovely! Thank you for joining HSH!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!

ShareThis

 
} catch(err) {}