If you have a Charleston’s restaurant in your area, then you know what fabulous potato soup they have! With the heavy cream in the recipe, it’s also full of fat and calories! Hubby made this soup the other night, and it was soooo good! And much better for you. We’ll be doubling this recipe next time. It was THAT good. And there weren’t nearly enough left-overs.
- 4 (6-ounce) red potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup prechopped onion
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 bacon slices, halved
- 1.5 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1/3 cup)
- 4 teaspoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1. Pierce potatoes with a fork. Microwave on HIGH 13 minutes or until tender. Cut in half; cool slightly.
- 2. While potatoes cook, heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes. Add broth. Combine flour and 1/2 cup milk; add to pan with 1 1/2 cups milk. Bring to a boil; stir often. Cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- 3. Arrange bacon on a paper towel on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with a paper towel; microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes. Crumble bacon.
- 4. Discard potato skins. Coarsely mash potatoes into soup. Top with cheese, green onions, and bacon
Wish I could say that picture above came from my kitchen. But……oh well.
Recipe and picture from myrecipe.com.
You’re gonna love it! And that guilt free feeling!