Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Porches

  My mother always told me (seriously) that a persons first impression of you always begins with your front porch.  If I knew she was coming by, I always made sure the front porch was clean and pretty. 

When I think about my dream house, I always visualize a gorgeous expansive porch with comfy furniture and pretty flowers.  A place where you’re drawn to sit awhile with a glass of iced tea.

porches1 

Something like this porch.  So country cozy!  Love the red!

porches5

Or this porch.  What’s not to love here.  Again, so cozy.

porches4

Yummy……Love the pie safe too!

porches3

How gorgeous is this.  Those barn doors are amazing! 

porches2

No words needed……  All photos from my Enter Here board on Pinterest.

Unfortunately, as with most houses in my area, my front porch is tiny.  Seating consists of a bench just large enough to sit groceries and bags on while unlocking the front door.

But you gotta make the best of what you have.  Right?

After having the house freshly painted, I was inspired to kinda “spiff” things up.

20130514_133815

I made a couple of colorful new pillows for my garden bench.

20130514_133934

Which really made the color on my sign pop.  I moved the heart from inside to out.

20130514_133919

Instead of new porch lights, I cleaned up and repainted the old ones. Duck Egg blue with charcoal accents. 

20130514_133907 (2)

Which is the same color I painted my little urn.  I also repainted the lantern it sits in.

20130514_133833

20130514_133806

20130514_133845

So all is clean and pretty on my tiny front porch.   My Mother would be proud.

Have a wonderful week!

Denise

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty and welcoming, Denise! I love that little bench. It looks like the perfect size for your porch, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your porch looks beautiful Denise!!! It makes me want to go spiff up my own now. It looks so, so sad right now.
    I also loved your beautiful inspiration porches. So lovely!
    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect little porch! It definately says a kind, creative person is welcoming you to her home :)

    Love your Japanese Maple, too!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!

ShareThis

 
} catch(err) {}