Saturday, March 21, 2009

AAHHH QUIET!

Saturday morning and all is QUIET! Hubby is playing golf , the dog isn't chewing anything up, and the kitten is outside. The perfect time to browse my favorite blogs and post. The problem with browsing my favs. is that there are so many that are so wonderful! And I keep finding new and exciting things every day! I finally had to start a notebook to keep track of everything. The post-it notes were out of control!

I found this beautiful lingerie. At www.vintageopulence.etsy.com

bustie il_155x125_47434636

Of course you have to be about as big around as a toothpick to wear any of it, but it's so beautiful I could just hang it on the outside of the closet door like a piece of art!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My sweet Heather bought me this piece at the Rink this week.

002

It's a small trophy from 1925. I would guess probably a kids baseball tournament.

001 005

I found this wonderful vintage floor lamp at the Rink last weekend. The shade is enormous and in good condition, I just added the broach at the top. Gotta have that extra bling you know! I had thought (for about a second) of further embellishing the shade and selling it but it looked perfect in my Den!

021 022

I hadn't had the opportunity to show you this mermaid that Heather gave me for Valentine's Day. Heather bought her in Santa Fe several years ago and I have coveted her since the first day that I laid eyes on her! I hung her in one of my favorite corners! Thank you SOOO much Heather. You know that I will treasure her always!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I hope that you enjoy our new blog banner! I must say....Hubby and I are REALLY patting ourselves on the back! It took us forever and I thought I might have to go buy "Photoshop for Dummies" but in the end we got it done! I almost went with this picture for the middle............

012 copy

But I really liked the original better! I'm sure Hubby was about ready to pull his hair out! It was constantly "can you turn that image a little? Does that look right to you? I think it needs to be a little smaller/larger. Lets try the brown, no blue, no pink" and so on and so on. He was actually really patient although a couple of times I could have sworn that I saw steam coming out of his ears!

Well I'm off to the Rink later this afternoon to take some more pics.! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Denise

1 comment:

  1. Love the music and the conversation about your beautiful banner. It made me laugh because when my son was designing my background and banner at 3 a.m. before the blog party it was the same. He has been designing since he was in the 9th or 10th grade. He is self-taught from before I even understood what he was doing staying awake until dawn on a school night obsessed with figuring it all out. Enter me, a novice who wanted to tweak something after it was more like he would've had to start over. He was a good sport and I didn't push anymore. I really enjoy your blog and must come back more often now that I am feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!

ShareThis

 
} catch(err) {}