Monday, March 23, 2009

DREAMING OF BLUE

Miss Bella is dreaming of the color blue!  Of course you know that it is one of my favorite colors! 

004012

It was the color chair that we choose for a recent makeover.

024

It's one of my favorite colors to mix with chocolate brown.

008

I cover lamp shades in blue.

 

   009

I paint tables and upholster ottomans in blue.

And.....I think it's a wonderful color to mix with your existing reds, blacks, and caramels to give things a brighter look.  On the other hand it also looks fabulous with pastels.  What could be better than Robin's Egg Blue.  I'm not even sure exactly what color that is, but it sounds happy and bright!

So......I set out this weekend to the Rink in search of the color blue!   And it was everywhere!

010

Blue vintage dishes mixed with cream!

011

Stacked blue hat boxes to go with your pastels!

012

This darling blue buffet!

013

This wonderful blue mirror!

014

These cute blue dishes.  Perfect for a party or shower.

015

This petit blue, cream, and red foot stool with blue tassel trim.  Perfect to mix with your existing red color scheme. 

Then.....the next evening I spied the new April Romantic Homes magazine and what was on the cover??

romantic homes 001

The color blue.  I had it in my hand to purchase before I had even opened the cover!  There were so many elements on the cover that were just exactly my taste.  Including the chair in the bottom left!  It reminded me of our recent project chair that we did and that I posted pictures of again above. 

So you might want to start thinking BLUE!  Baby blue, turquoise blue, green blue, and every color in between!

Hope you're having a wonderful Monday!

Denise

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Ohhh I love blue too... it is such a great color. I didn't pick that issue up yet but now I am on a mission to get it. It looks great!

    LOVE your blog too... thanks for stopping over. xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I stumbled upon your blog and I have to say it is fabulous! Love all your blue pieces! I do so much painting in pink and LOVE the blue!I will have to start a new pallet! Thank you so much for the inspiration!
    I am adding you to my favorites!
    Hugs,
    Debi

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!

ShareThis

 
} catch(err) {}