Thursday, August 5, 2010

Random Bits

Nothing much going on here this week.  Okay, except the heat!  It was so darn hot yesterday, I think all anyone wanted to do was sit in front of a fan.  I feel so sorry for anyone working outside in this.  The heat index yesterday was 108 degrees!  YUK!

So time for some indoor projects.

New posies going to the Rink.  Everyone of the last ones I took are gone.  Yippee!  These are fun to make and great therapy. :)  Bright colors for some of you girls.  These would be cute in a little (or big) girls room either pinned or glued on the front of an inexpensive pillow.

And if you prefer more neutral colors like me…..

I’ve got you covered there too!

Been trying to stock up on my laces and trims.  My stash was really getting low.  We can’t let that happen now, can we?!

I’ve been lucky the last week or so and really run across some nice ones.  All from the Rink, of course!

Which is also where I found this lovely!

Just love this sweet hat!  The really wonderful vintage ones with good millinery flowers are getting harder and harder to find.  Of course, now that I’ve decided I want a few. :)  If you collect hats, how much do you usually pay for them?  Just curious.   I’m paying between $15.00 to $18.00 here.

Also love this cute little number.

Don’t you love that hot hot pink!  It also has little velvet flowers scattered here and there underneath the netting on top.  Just precious.  To make it even more special, it belonged to my sweet sister-in-law who passed away several years ago. 

On to the master bedroom………

I finally found the perfect suitcases for the top of my armoire.  The striped in the middle was the last of the three.  I finally found it last week.  Don’t know if you can see it or not, but the top suitcase has a tiny metal airplane on the lid.  Love how they look.  Much neater and cleaner and the textures are great.

I was inspired by pics. like these……

Blogg_001

Once again, I must apologize for not knowing the source of these photos.  I have a whole file of pics. that I love and I must figure out a way (and take the extra time) to make note of the sources.

I’m guessing though, that they may have come from some of the Swedish or French blogs that I ADORE!

If you happen to know where they came from, please let me know so that I may give proper credit.

P1080155-500

Have a wonderful day!

Denise

9 comments:

  1. Loving the hot pink!!! Beautiful! And your posies are amazing!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to imagine sitting in front of a fan, when here in Australia we are lighting the fire every night - it's so cold - bring on Summer! Your little posies are gorgeous, and I love the suitcases on top of the armoire...have a wonderful weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Denise,

    Oh, the posies, posies...they are so lovely! I can see why they are doing a disappearing act. ♥

    The suitcases are adorable..and I must agree those pics looks like Swedish or French blog goodness. They all have that distinct "to die for" appeal, don't they! Wouldn't it be awesome to live in a country where you'd find antiques that are hundreds and hundreds of years old?! Oh yes, that makes my heart beat faster just thinking of it. ♥

    Whenever I run across a Paris blog and photos of all of the street markets full of ephemera, linens and furniture I want to print it all out and hang it up! Just so beautiful to look at..can imagine how it would be in person.

    It's HOT here too. The birds are staying tucked into the trees to stay cooler...not near as many visiting for food...too blasted hot for even them to eat!

    I'm still so behind on blogging...I'm going to be regular again...I just know it! LOL

    Stay cool!
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I loved everythng about your post!! The hats-I used to collect them many years ago. But you're right, they are hard to find now. And I love the suitcases too, especially on top of the armoire. I've been wanting to do the very same thing. (If I could find any suitcases that I actually like.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loooove the posies, Denise! Your color combinations are always great! I love old luggage too. They are all through my house. One would think I am planning on taking a big trip (no!) Anyway, I love to use them to store my old papers and photos and crap. Stacking them on armoires is a very cool look! Love it!
    Shhhh!...I ordered the leopard carpet for my closet. Now, I need to sell on Ebay to help pay for it! LOL! I am wanting to find a small chandelier to hang in there. My poor husband is gonna feel weird walking in that closet for his clothes. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Denise!
    Lovin' your fabric flowers & the suitcases. I have baskets on top of my armoire - but the suitcases would work much better for keeping the dust out! :) Love the inspirations pics too!
    Happy weekend to you & yours,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the suitcases on the armoire! I know someone that has them as a coffee table and that is a really nice look too!

    Thanks for the birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the posies. The addition of black really makes them pop don't they...so cute!
    For those gorgeous hats they are worth that price. I pick them up sometimes for 3-5 but they're usually pretty beaten up.
    xx
    Carole

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!

ShareThis

 
} catch(err) {}