Saturday, November 13, 2010

Saturday Evening

I am so sorry for the long and unexpected absence from blogland.

Although Hubby and I and our children and grandchildren are just fine, we have suffered a terrible tragedy in our immediate extended family.

It simply has felt like we have had the breath knocked out of us and the grief that we feel for our family has been indescribable.  Although we continue to grieve every day,  after a period of lots of praying and crying, we finally have had to just take a deep breath and turn our grief over to God.  We realize that we must get back to our daily routine and are doing our best.

Sometimes He has a way of distracting us when we need it the most.  For me, this has been moving our booth, yet again, at the Rink.  But what a positive change!

015

Heather and I are simply in love with this great structure that showcases the middle of the booth!  We supplied the awnings and this is the design that the guys at the Rink built for us!   Awnings on all four sides.

And……..

Here is the center piece inside.

013

This HUGE burlap lamp shade with a chandelier hanging from the middle. 

014

We also love our hanging swing which will continue to display pillows and soon, a Christmas display.

016

Heather recently completed painting this cream colored hutch with turquoise interior.  She and I found the most wonderful cream colored plates with gold detailing on the edges.  It was difficult not to keep the plates for myself, I tell you!  Our booth and displays are still in the process of being completed, but we are working hard to get everything in order.  It’s time for us to get Christmas decor ready to sell!!

For those of you who were wondering about the decorating seminar, after our family situation, and the extra work involved with our booth, we’re sorry to say that it just won’t be possible.  I must apologize for phone calls not returned and e-mails that may have gone unanswered.  I just flat lost any info. or phone numbers that I had.  SORRY!!

BUT……….here’s the NEW plan!!

We have had tons and tons of interest in……..

013 

Yep……our burlap lamp shade!

SO…..we are having a make it and take it class at the Rink!  Although I normally like to have classes and such before Thanksgiving, the month has really gotten away from us.

The date will be…….Saturday Dec. 4th at 10:00 A.M.

The cost will be $12.00 and you provide your own supplies necessary for making your lamp shade.

I will also be throwing in a couple of Christmas craft demos.  These will NOT be make it and take it, but demos. only.  However, you will hopefully get some great cost saving ideas for your Holiday decorating!

If you are interested, please e-mail me.  The Rink won’t have the schedule and date until after Monday, so if you call them, they won’t know what the heck you’re talking about.  :)

Supply lists will be provided for you after you sign up.  So….if you are interested in making a super cute lamp shade like the one above, eating donuts and drinking coffee, and just in general having some good laughs with the girls,  just let me know!

Hope you are having a fabulous weekend.

Denise

P.S.  I would love a similar lamp shade in a pretty linen as well.  So if you aren’t too “into” burlap, don’t despair, you can still make a pretty shabby chic type shade for your home!

13 comments:

  1. Denise,
    I am so sorry for you family's loss. I have missed see you post.
    Your booth is lovely! The awnings are great! Very dramatic! And that shade is GORGEOUS!!! I love the way you put it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Denise,
    I am sorry to hear about your loss, I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
    Keeping busy with things you love is the best thing. Your burlap lampshades are wonderful. Best of luck with the classes.
    Wishing you a good Sunday,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry for your loss.
    The booth is beautiful and I've learned to view burlap in a new way! That would be a wonderful shade for any shabby lamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise -
    I'm so sorry to hear that your family has had a terrible loss. Yes, the only thing to do is move forward...but I know personally how hard that can be.

    I love how beautiful the new booth is. What a great structure! Those guys really outdid themselves. What a great use for those old metal awnings.

    I love chandelier with the burlap shade...very inspiring.

    I'll have to go by the rink and see all in person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...forgot to say....I love that armoire that Heather painted and the cabinet too. But especially the armoire. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry for your loss..it's never easy to lose someone close.
    The burlap shade caught my eye, too. Love the ruffles and button trim. I wonder, does it have that very distinct burlap scent when the lightbulb heats it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Denise,

    I love your booth! The awnings make it one of a kind and I like the hanging swing and how you are using it.

    I'm so sorry for the lose of your family member? or whatever has happened..sounds like it was a real shock or very sudden.

    A reminder of just how quickly life can stop was shown to us...We stepped out of Books a Million night before last and saw the most horrific traffic accident occur..three vehicles involved..one flipped on its side..it happened so sudden that you didn't even hear any brakes...the sound of the impacts will not leave my mind and we saw a person flying through the air...obviously had been thrown from the vehicle...all we could do was grab our cell phones and dial 911 to report it..people were running through the parking lot towards it to see if they could rescue anyone...thankfully there was a rescue station on the same road not far away...anyhow..it's just one more affirmation to live life like you mean it..this is not a dress rehearsal, right? I am still praying that those people involved have somehow survived what we saw.

    You stay busy and keep creating..it's the best therapy for just about anything that could be bothering you. ♥ I guess that's how I've always worked through my life's trials.

    Now that I've blathered on and on..good grief! Do come visit me and know that I'm thinking of you.

    Hugs,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to hear about the loss in your family. I'll add you to my prayers.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hugging you hun!! So sorry for your loss!!
    The Rink looks fabulous! Love that structure...it is amazing and with those awnings...perfection!!
    And that lamp shade...ooo la la !!! Beautiful!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry to hear you've had sad news. Your booth looks fantastic ~ I love that armoire piece and the awnings are great! Love the pillows, the hutch and the chandy; I'd probably spend a lot of time in your booth if I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am deeply sorry to hear your sad, sad news, my thoughts are with you. xx Your booth looks amazing, I wish I was close enough to visit and attend your classes. Hugs, Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Denise, I am so sorry for your family's sadness. I will remember you in prayer.
    I love your new booth. The pictures look awesome. You are so talented! I am hoping to visit the RINK before Christmas.
    God bless!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so sorry to hear of your familys' great loss. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!

ShareThis

 
} catch(err) {}