Monday, February 7, 2011

Flower Power

Have you noticed it?  The trend toward LARGE more modern floral patterns in textiles. 

DESIGNSPONGE

 

And wallpaper.  This room is way way too busy for me.   I love that grey and pink though.   Maybe without the bed crown, different drapes and fewer flowers in the bedding. 

On the other hand……..

il_570xN_193871193

I found these stencils on Etsy.

il_570xN_205579828

Much less expensive.

il_570xN_210039417

And you can always paint over it.

il_570xN_211841776

And…….

large scale floral patterns are Heather’s best sellers.  From floors to frames (picture frames) it’s what everyone seems to love. 

I’ll stick with my creams and blues, thank you.    I do think something fun and contemporary would be perfect in a teen girls room.  Or maybe a family room.

Another big snow storm is moving our way.  YUK!!

Denise

8 comments:

  1. Heather is so talented! I like the new trend but I haven't used it myself personally. My problem is I like too many things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like some of those in moderation. :)

    Yuk is right about the snow - I actually love all of the seasons, including winter, but even for me, this is just getting to be way too much winter weather. I'm longing for warmth and spring.

    Linda in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your blogger, Denise. You display beautiful pieces that delight the eyes too, am a poet and professor in Brazil, I invite to visit my blogger: heliorocca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Denise,
    Thanks a lot for your comments...
    I'm sorry but my blog is only in French, I try to find a solution....
    I like very much the flowers and the summer
    See you soon
    Maguy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Denise,

    It's like the 1970's attacking us all over again..LOL Granted there are lots of 70's stuff that I LOVE.

    I guess your next snow storm is what is gonna give us snow tomorrow night and Thursday.

    Hugs,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that rug!!! Storm already hit here but it wasn't as bad as they thought it would be. But it sure is a cold one! Brrrr!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear ya!! I tend to like the more muted things lately even though my house doesn't show it I need to update like now!!! And the snow hate it I can't even get out of my driveway.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!

ShareThis

 
} catch(err) {}