Sunday, September 29, 2013

Halloween Is Here!

Halloween has arrived at our house!  We have so much going on in the next few weeks, I knew if I didn’t start now, I wouldn’t get it done. 

Have you had years when you enjoyed holiday decorating more than others?  I know I have.  This year, I have been having a lot of fun!

20130929_120031

There’s nothing terribly scary in any of my Halloween décor.  The kitty on this pillow may look a bit startled, but he certainly isn’t frightening.

20130929_115956

How can you be afraid when glitter and glitz is involved!

20130929_115945

A grinning black kitty tassel

20130929_115933

Even the Santos gets a bit of glam with her glittery orange hat.  The scariest thing in this vignette is the glow from the lamp light.

20130929_115830

A sweet owl in a bird cage with a glittered spider.

20130929_115805

This cutie found her way into the vignette on my fall mantel.

20130929_115738

One of my favorite ways to decorate, for any holiday, is to fill containers  with  bits and bobs.  I seem to have a preference for kitties.

20130929_115911

Another urn, filled with autumn leaves, pumpkins, spiders, and not so scary skellies!

20130929_115648

An owl, posing for photos!  I’ve also incorporated my few silhouette pictures into my Halloween décor.  One is actually a very old one, of my Mother.  The other two are of me.  So I guess that makes those two old also!  Smile

20130929_115700

I’ve had that moon and kitty forever but never quite found the perfect place for them.  I think they look just about perfect in my cabinet.

Hope you enjoyed what I have decorated so far!  The decorating continues this week.  Along with a LOT of other projects.

Joining Sunday

IMG_7782-001-e1374069167884

Joining Monday

ModMixButtonsmall2

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE your decor for Halloween Denise! The scaredy cat is so darn cute! Yes, I have enjoyed decorating for holidays more a less from year to year.I remember right after Landon's diagnosis I didn't decorate at all for a couple of years and then woke up and decided the kids needed it even if I thought I didn't. So I started liking it again :))))
    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Halloween décor, Denise. I haven't put much out, like I did when I was in our old house. There doesn't seem to be any trick or treaters here that hit our condo community. I mixed in a few of my favorites though with my Fall décor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks wonderful! I'm going to pull out my Rubbermaid container with all my Halloween goodies this week and decorate. I skipped last year, so I'm excited to set up a little vignette this year. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun! you've motivated me to get a move on my decorating. you've done such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your Halloween decorating Denise. Love that it's more fun than scaring! You're putting me to shame though, must get cracking!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!

ShareThis

 
} catch(err) {}