Sunday, October 6, 2013

Vignettes From Junk Hippy Roadshow

This blog was quiet last week, I know.  Apparently, I work well under pressure.  I was swamped all week trying to finish up for the  Junk Hippy show this past Saturday.  I don’t know why I do that to myself.  I was ready to pull my hair out!

Anywho……thank you to everyone who stopped by to see us!  For anyone who didn’t make it to the show, here are a few of our vignettes.

altered1

Deer and deer silhouettes are huge right now.  “Mounted” deer with glittered crown by Heather.  This was actually one of the more tame little guys that she created!  Everyone loved them.  My deer silhouette in floral/polka dot corduroy on Ikat burlap.  I REALLY need to make one of these for myself.  I loved these pillows!

altered7

This was one of my favorite Christmas signs.  I wouldn’t have thought I would love the black back ground, but I really like the way it looks.  The berries in the holly were glittered.

altered8

When hanging my patch work lamp shade didn’t work out, we came up with this alternate plan.  This was the center piece of the booth!

altered2

Heather and I made these crosses mounted on mini shutters.  A cute alternative for wall décor.

altered6

This lamp and lamp shade, which I made didn’t sell.  It has me wondering if maybe I should keep it.  I really like it and I could fill the jar with, ?? something.

altered9

These rooster silhouette bar stools are still around also.  Maybe next show…..

altered3

This was our favorite display!  Boy I wish that shabby piece with the cubbies belonged to me.  However…..it’s Heather’s.  And get this, she rescued it from someone’s trash!  Yes, sometimes we’re dumpster divers!  We admit it!  Isn’t it cute?

altered4

She sat it on top of this cute shabby console table.  The top wasn’t in great shape when she found it, so she replaced it with old barn wood and dug through our wood pile for the trim pieces she used.  These two pieces are going to find a new home in Heather’s entry.  It seems she is embracing the vintage Farm House look like many of us.

From here, our next show is in two weeks .  We’ll be going to Colorado City, Texas.  Yikes!  How do I let that girl talk me into these things!

Have a wonderful week!

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments!

ShareThis

 
} catch(err) {}