Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Great Expectations and Great Paint Colors!

Great expectations as in I had great expectations of having the time to blog while I was working and out of town.  Unfortunately, it seems I’m NOT so great at multi-tasking.  And in Colorado City, TX. well….the internet isn’t the greatest.  So no remote blog posts.

A couple of days before Heather and I left town, my painter called and said he was ready to paint the kitchen and dining areas.  Yikes!  I had to have everything out of the dining room before I left town.   It always seems like an easy task, moving all your stuff, until you actually have to do it.

Finally, after months of worrying and wondering, I had the perfect paint color.  And it was all finished when I returned.  Well…..except putting everything back together again.  Okay, and cleaning the dry wall dust off of everything.

dining2

At the same time, we tore out the soffit  above this pantry.  I always hated it, and now it looks a little more like a piece of furniture.  For the first time, you can see the actual color of the pantry.  And I love the fact that I’ll have room for more “stuff” on top!

dining1

Even my old white counter tops look better! 

I love this color!  It’s a cross between the perfect grey and taupe.  The ceiling is from the same color swatch, a tone lighter.  I choose egg shell for the walls, and satin for the ceiling.

dining3

I just began putting things back in order.  I finished decorating the wall above my settee in the dining room today.  All new!  I’ll have pics. tomorrow.   Also pics. from the awesome show we did last week and some pretty exciting news for us Lucky Peach Designs girls.  A.K.A. me and Heather.

See everyone tomorrow!  Thanks so much for sticking with me through my sewing/traveling/construction mess time off!

Denise

3 comments:

  1. Love that Grocery sign, Denise! It looks like a great paint color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job!! Would love for you to share at Simple & Sweet Fridays. New Follower!
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color on the walls. What color is it? I'm painting my living room and dining room SW Shoji White. I'm loving it but it looks awful with the existent white trim on the windows which is why I am working on them also.

    I thought your pantry was a big piece of furniture...till you said you'd ripped at the soffit. I wondered what you were talking about and then I got it....oh that was a built in cupboard and now it looks like an armoire. I love it! Wish I had one.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!

ShareThis

 
} catch(err) {}